About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Saturday, July 12, 2014

TALES OF THE HALCYON DAYS

I didn't come here for this
to listen to you tell the same old stories
over and over again, still unaware
I came for stimulating conversation
for pauses and awkward silences
not a barrage, a monologue
the stories about your halcyon days
the ones that are used and abused
caught up in a storm of repetition

I didn't come here to be bored
to watch television like it were a deity
programs that only give me the shits
I came for satisfying verbal exchanges
for laughs and open embarrassment
not an onslaught of lame humour
the formulaic stories of Hollywood
the ones that are cut and pasted
a soul-draining assault of repetition

give me the awkward silences any day
than words that are noise to my ears

No comments: