About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

CASH, MONEY

Everywhere I go, I get bombarded with visual pollution, Coca Cola in the solution
I take a sip of the mixture, provides me with pleasure and dutch courage, its seducing
Makes me obnoxious, the words I spit are toxic, I rocks it
But I've got nothing to say, nothing new anyway, it's the same shit that I spray, day after day
I've got my mind on repeat, ready to concede defeat, almost beat
I think I'm free, but I'm running on empty, following sheep, unable to see
Through all the bullshit that they throw at me, the lies bouncing off of every page
I'm just a slave, to the wage, the perfect worker, consumer of this day and age
Following trends all the way to the bitter end, competing with all of my friends
To see who has the largest house, biggest dick, most plastic girl in the play pen

Cash, money
Cash, money
Cash, money
Cash, money

I've got it made, got everything I need but I still want more
Because there's something missing, but what it is - I'm not quite sure
I'm not the smartest kid on the block, just a follower, a corporate whore
They've got me by the balls, the writing's on the walls, & it's rotten to the core
I'm oversensitive, but I'm attentive, watching who's getting the better of me
Gotta keep up with the Joneses, compete, keep on buying shit that I don't need
But it keeps me happy, makes me feel important, this life is so decadent
Self-indulgent yuppie, yes that's me, to be rich, is the pinnacle off excellence
I'm chasing the American dream, on the right team, dreaming of dollars all of the time, I'm a cash fiend
I love money and all the happiness it can buy, advertising consumes my mind, I'm free

Cash, money
Cash, money
Cash, money
Cash, money

I never read books, prefer to watch rubbish on television, it's my own decision
I keep on tuning in to commercial religion, lack of peripheral vision
I worship celebrities even though they make me feel ugly, invoke my insecurities
All the products on display make me aroused, give me a dose of retail therapy, stand out in the crowd
It's the solution to all my problems, gives me relief, must follow the latest fashions
I throw caution to the wind, maxing out my plastic cards, shopping is my passion
Without an overabundance of credit, I can't keep up with the competition
And even though I hate my job, it pays for my exorbitant lifestyle, that's some consolation
I don't care about all those hours I spin into nothing, don't believe in saving just in case
Of a rainy day, that's just not my way, I don't mind being caught in the rat race


Cash, money
Cash, money
Cash, money
Cash, money

No comments: