About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Thursday, September 26, 2013

180 Degrees


I should have seen it coming
the first time I did that u-turn
eschewing my intended destination
for an old familiar gravelly route


now that the funds have dried up
like a creek in the middle of summer
money is the least of my issues
think I bit off more than I can chew


like a horse with a broken foot
I can barely move to save my life
no longer moving purposefully forward
like I had been most of this year


now unable to carry a proper load
responsibility has gone out the window
barely in control of my own destiny
the stark realisation is upon me


the future is fast approaching
I don't want to be old and broke
bereft of hope, ambition and direction
beholden to the ghosts of yesterday


I should have seen it coming

No comments: