About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

THE FOOL'S NOSTALGIA


a disheveled room filled with junk

blunted needles in a hay stack

walking purposefully with promptitude
through rain, hail or shine
those were our halcyon days
a convivial period of unremitting adventure


nostalgia for yesteryear's pandemonium
fraught with danger at every junction
a debauched period of stultifying decisions
dire ramifications catch up with us all


this will be the final time
the last taste, she tells herself


despair temporarily assuaged
self-deceit now unveiled
a vicious circle reinforced
more than merely a waste of time


and we are in the same sinking boat
going nowhere and going there fast


this shall not be my future
the last time, I told myself


only the fortunate few come out unscathed
if only it were fools who reminisce
but she certainly is far from a fool
and I believe myself not to be a fool


the last time will be the final time
so we would like to tell ourselves


No comments: