About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

LOWS OF THE HIGH LIFE

I was living the high life, never far from great strife
At least by my lowly standards of straying far wayward
I had cash packed, stashed away, half ball habit a day
I had truly gone astray, more than a passing phase
My head in a complete daze, hiding from a sense of shame
Hard to change my wicked ways, pretending it’s just a game
Hiding from the dead sun’s rays, mistakes wait to be erased
The grave is where I shall lay, if I don’t have a proper say
When the sky turned to grey shades, my ethics I did betray
Excuse this whole moral haze, not the way this man was raised

Age of moral decline with the whereabouts of the fine white line
In patches of sunshine caught in the afterglow of rays out of time
Confront them, not a crime, what they want from me is to never grow
I’ll take back what is mine, take my dignity and put it on show

I was living day to day, cut off from the future
My deck of cards start to blaze, guided by deep failure
May the critics have their say, I shall simply wait right here
To read yet another page of the debauched trash paper
What’s with the new yuppie fad that’s got them all hooked tight
Sometimes I’m so fucking glad I've finally seen the light
Instead of doing that whack consumer whore bore routine
Those people must all be mad, following magazine
Prescriptions of what’s bad, so bad it's setting new trends
Sheeple decline is so sad, shackled means to a dead end

Age of moral decline with the whereabouts of the fine white line
In patches of sunshine caught in the afterglow of rays out of time
Confronting not a crime, what they want from me is to never grow
I’ll take back what is mine, take my dignity and put it on show

No comments: