About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Sunday, February 01, 2015

CCTV


I'm always on the go, star in my own show, a black and white classic
I'm here to be seen, someone's watching the screen, my life is special like magic
They watch my every move like I was a suspicious youth, see me, I'm a movie star
I'm ready to get loose like a rotten tooth, yes, I'm gonna go far like a rally car
I don't care about privacy or civil liberties, just as long as I'm on the TV
Caught on surveillance, CCTV, they'll always see me, yes, I'm free indeed
It's not a police state, free to do as I please, as long as I don't step out of line
It's hard to get away with anything these days, just like a hooker from STDs, no future in crime
So it's better to conform and perform, do it for all my fans, walk in a straight line
Follow all the rules and norms, don't jay walk, be a good citizen, let them control my mind

From the streets to the suburbs,
From the sub to the tweet,
From my dreams to my lover
They'll be watching me,
Eyes glued to the screen,
My endeavours fatigue.

Better not smoke in the city, or piss on the street, don't wanna risk being fined
An object of pity, the hobo who begs for money, hungry all of the time, not my problem
Creature of the night, the passive consumer type, got products on my mind, such seduction
Blinded by neon lights, tits and arse in my line of sight, I don't mind waiting in line
I love boxing day sales, stampede in the shopping mall, who cares if someone gets hurt?
Got many a tale to share about bargains I fought hard for, savings that I deserve
Go home with shopping bags in hand, happy as a spoilt child, I've got it made, the stickers never fade
I'm such a satisfied man, been running for a mile, coming first in the rat race
I know that I've done well, the evidence speaks for itself, check out the smile on my face
I'm dirt wealthy, can't you tell? Gold ornaments of the shelf, please remind me just in case

From the streets to the suburbs,
From the sub to the tweet,
From my dreams to my lover
They'll be watching me,
Eyes glued to the screen,
My endeavours fatigue.

When I walk the mean streets, nothing is of concern to me, as long as I have money I'm free to do as I please
Let me tell you all about my amazing shopping feats, the time I got a perfume sample for free, made me feel so sexy
The shopping mall is my stomping ground, the place where happiness is to be found, no need to frown
I'm so high this time around, like an ant at the top of the mound, there's no coming down, man about town
Everything that can be bought, I've purchased before in all the up-market stores, no stopping this trooper
And I'll keep going back for more, I admit it, I'm a consumer whore, my reputation is super-duper
I pose for all the security cameras, with all my goodies in hand, I wonder who is watching me pay at the counter?
They know that I'm a superstar, ordinary people just don't understand the pressure that I'm constantly under
Paparrazi waiting at the front door of the store, ready to take another snap of me, I don't mind the least bit
It takes much effort to be me, but I'm hungry for more, just like a junkie for the substance in his fit
So much pressure to perform, I keep the show rolling, hunting for the newest fashions with plastic cards in hand
It's the reason why I was born, I just can't stop shopping, it's my greatest passion, do it for my fans

From the streets to the suburbs,
From the sub to the tweet,
From my dreams to my lover
They'll be watching me,
Eyes glued to the screen,
My endeavours fatigue.

No comments: