About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

REUNION PUB PARTY

When we meet again my dear friend
I won't pretend that my heart's not broken
Said so much nonsense in the end
Wish I could send you words not yet spoken
I miss you so much, I've lost touch
With all the stuff that keeps my heart burning
Been doing it tough, not enough
Friendships do last, that's what I've been learning
Heard that you're married, so sorry
It's not with me, you sure did act in haste
No, I'm not angry, I'm happy
If you're happy, but these words are a waste
Of my precious time, though these rhymes
About my "crimes" are written in good faith
A piece of my mind, by and by
Don't ask me why I bother at this stage
To express the pain of my loss
There's been so much rain after the days of rage
Oh my aching brain paid the cost
So I missed the train, but it's never too late

No comments: