About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

MATURITY?

another year
another line
age creeps up on us

before we know it
we're rolling down the hill

it was my birthday the other day
but the drugs didn't work
why didn't the drugs work?
so disappointing
fucking psych meds
destroy my fun

people seem stranger
than ever before
and nothing surprises
the alcohol hits harder
calves hurt more
can't stomp all night anymore
but with age
comes wisdom
and for some: maturity
I refuse to act my age
it's just a number after all

you don't know how much of a good thing you have
until it slips through your fingers
embrace your youth
embrace life
for you won't always be able to
stay up all night dancing
drink all night without falling asleep

youth is wasted on the young

No comments: