About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

QUICKSAND SUSPENDED

I crossed another divide
Between insanity and a nice place
Watched as people did collide
Speaking profanity, a bitter taste
Nothing really to excite
When real hardcore junkies act in haste
Lessons to help me decide
Rather die than live in waste
Reason to claim back some pride
Nothing is doomed to stay the same
I can have control inside
Stop treating life like a child's game

Possibilities abound
With each passing day
Crash rich kids' parties renowned
For decadent ways
Beanie replaced with a crown
For the timid thing
Sick of being pushed around
No longer nothing

Then I finally arrived
In the vicinity of the Bronx 'hood
That's why I carry a knife
With the propensity to do what should
Be done in a moral crisis
Truth can set us all free, would if I could
Do it, rather than just write it
The calling of the man misunderstood
I no longer wish to fight it
The slander of the words haters mistook
Thinking I would somehow like it
Noticing the glare of a dirty look

Just because I don't speak it
With much conviction
Doesn't mean I don't need it
To be met with respect
You think I won't dare do it
Start to cause friction
Just you wait 'til I lose it
Not quite what you'd expect 

Her love makes me feel alive
Every sister trying to reach out to me
Able to look and realise
That we don't always have to just disagree
Visions of a legend's rise
When I finally set my tortured soul free
From all the parasites' lies
Beware the spiky thorns on lemon trees
Sour like the tears I've cried
Macho conditioning: a sad disease
That ensures tough men try
Only violent acting so they can please

Endless enemies surround
The paranoid man
The party's come to town
Sum is greater than
Evolved beings hear the sounds
Of truth through quicksand
Suspended off the ground 
Though hard to understand
With bullshit much abound

No comments: