About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

CRUEL KINDNESS

The calm before the storm 
The leaky tap about to burst 
Though the blanket is warm 
The draft from it’s mouth is worst 
No clue on social norms 
Sure she says lots of words 
But it’s stark raving mad 
All the nonsense we’ve heard 
When she stops we’ll be glad 
For things she says are absurd 

You gotta be cruel, not so kind 
Her momma’s always on her mind 
Interruption: her greatest crime 
It’s non-stop almost all the time 

She’s driving me out of my mind 
Things she says so out of line 
She’s treading a very fine line 
I can no longer be so kind 

Born into privilege 
There’s so much that she’s yet to learn 
She sure does hate witches 
Would have them all condemned to burn 
She’s so fucking damaged 
Never had to lift a finger 
She loves things pre-packaged 
She’s surely on to a winner 
My ears need to be stitched 
And fully doused in paint thinner 

You gotta be cruel, not so kind 
Her momma’s always on her mind 
Interruption: her greatest crime 
It’s non-stop almost all the time 

She’s driving me out of my mind 
Things she says so out of line 
She’s  treading a very fine line 
I can no longer be so kind 

You gotta be cruel, not so kind 
You gotta be cruel, not so kind 
You gotta be cruel, not so kind 
You gotta be cruel, not so kind 

Dishing out some cruel kindness 
Dishing out some cruel kindness 
Dishing out some cruel kindness 
Dishing out some cruel kindness

No comments: