About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

PETER PAN IS A JUNKIE

As the wasted days of my troubled youth have now faded away, I’ve got even more to say
About the folly of a life that is constantly in strife, at the edge of a freshly sharpened knife
Used to care about social justice and politics, now the thing that gets me up is my next fix
In this game you have to be creative so you don’t lose your soul, have to learn new tricks
In a scene mostly amoral, I’m nobody special but have tried to uphold some standard of ethics
It’s a game which forces you to do things you’re ashamed of, without getting into specifics
The people are not all necessarily bad, but all junkies will do bad things just like birds will sing
Some would do anything to escape reality or be free from withdrawal symptoms so unrelenting
The truth of the matter is that it’s a disease of youth, it’s young lives that are often shattered
But I can no longer call myself a youth, and refuse to admit that I’m now an ageing outlier

No comments: