About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Sunday, July 31, 2016

STANDING ON THE EDGE

Lately I’ve been through some dark times, committing thought crimes in my twisted mind
Unjustly forced to save up all my dimes to pay off government fines for standing out of line
But I refuse to let it change me, even rehab can’t save me until I start to finally face me
I must soldier on bravely, braver than I’ve been lately, so that wolves can no longer play me
It’s high time that I actually move it when I say I’m going to do it, finally turn my life around
In good time, I’ll be able to stop it, won’t come as a shock when I rock it to the other sound
A life that isn’t constantly in strife, hanging by a knife’s edge, while standing on a perilous ledge
A time for me to shine with a clear mind, doing my best to pass the test and bring about success
A period for me to confess to myself and repent all the nonsense, no longer do things to excess
I feel blessed that I’m not like the rest of my kind, for I’m still free most of the time in my mind

No comments: