About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Saturday, February 13, 2016

MARK THESE LETTERS


I won't give up on you if you don't give up on the fool that is me
For it is your love and kindness that teaches me rules and sets me free
All I ask for is that you don't judge me too harshly and just let me be
I know I've made plenty of mistakes but at least people will say I'm honest
And can admit to my imperfections, unlike the guarded words of the rest
I won't have the full meal eat the cake too because I'm not all that obsessed
With acquiring material wealth like many of the rest, they are all greedy, much to my behest
I hope people don't find me to be too needy because that's truly what I am
My holy temple has been damaged by all the substances I've injected using needles
I've been to fucked up places so dirty and seedy that I was so afraid that I ran
People can be so evil when they fuck others over, even though it doesn't need to be this way
We've all got plenty in this bourgeois paradise, far more than we'll ever need
So why are we so greedy and covet more and more in order to believe that we have succeeded
But in reflection, we will find that all our expectations of being comfortable have far been exceeded
And all the affluence and decadence that we take for granted makes damn sure the suffering of others is repeated
However, I refuse to be this way, I will be humble and only consume what I need each and every day
I shall never be defeated, and my life will change for the better in each and every way, mark these letters

No comments: