About Me

My photo
i am the dissident poetician...i tear down fences with sardonic sardines and metaphysical cucumbers

Friday, January 31, 2014

I came over
to spend time
with you
to have fun
doing things
being active
I didn’t
come over
to hear you
tell stories

about your past
long gone
you take me
back to a time
long ago
when you were
fit and healthy

now shackled
by physical pain
you start
to realize
that something
needs to change
time to
take action
begin again
from the
beginning

I came over
to do things
with you
to spend time
doing things
not being
passive
I didn’t
come over
for you to tell me
about some movie
the one
you just watched
don’t you realize
I don’t watch
much television

now hiding
behind your habit
you start
to realize
that normal
is a lie
time to
start over
be born anew
start from
the beginning

No comments: